Thursday, April 21, 2011

American Idol "Final 7" Not So Lucky

I don't really know how else to put this - but last night's episode of American idol was terrible, boring and a major disappointment. Yes - I said something NEGATIVE about the Idol contestants. Anything but praise, butterflies and rainbows would definitely come as a shock to the "Top 7" because all they ever hear on the show is how great, amazing and talented they are. Let me just say that this show needs Simon because the show needs his honesty. Steven Tyler can be funny - but any contestant could hum "Mary Had A Little Lamb" and he would give a standing ovation and call the performance "Just beautiful man - you hit all of the notes." J-Lo is more concerned about being everyone's best friend and gets choked up if she even thinks about saying that a song didn't sound good.  Randy tries to "keep it real" but his harshest critique comes by saying "the first half was rough for me man...but you worked it out in the end."
The show got off to a terrible start when the eliminated contestants came back to sing "So What" by Pink. This opening song dug this week's Idol into a hole too deep to get out of. Why do we need to hear the eliminated Idol's again - THEY WERE ELIMINATED FOR A REASON - people don't want to hear them sing anymore. It was a miserable number and the rest of the show was just as bad and went like this:

Scotty McCreery - "Swingin'" by LeAnn Rimes
James Durbin - "Uprising" by Muse
Haley Reinhart - "Rolling In The Deep" by Adele
Jacob Lusk - "Dance With My Father" by Luther Vandross
Casey Abrams - "Harder To Breathe" by Maroon 5
Stefano Langone - "Closer" by Ne-Yo
Lauren Alaina - "Born To Fly" by Sara Evans

Can I just say "BOOOO!" seven times? That sums it up. The microphone still must be too heavy for Scotty because he can't hold it straight, James looked like a GI Joe from "Nightmare Before Christmas," Haley sang everyone to sleep...seriously my 3 year old and 6 month old boys - out like a light, Jacob messed up the words, Casey looks like he will bite your finger off if you get too close, Stefano knows he should have gone home weeks ago and Lauren is acting like a scared 6 year old girl on stage.
I cant wait to see who goes home tonight. HA. Actually I don't care this week - just get it over with, send someone home and let's hope they step it up next week.

1 comment:

  1. Agreed!!! We need a realist on the show. I am over the positive feedback week after week. At the beginning of the season I have to say I kind of enjoyed all the optimism, but now it's overly done and we need someone to tell the truth. Bringing back the eliminated idol's was AWFUL! My favorite contestant is Scotty though! :) I know he holds the microphone weird, but yet it's his habit- he did it from day one- at least he has always been 100% him!
    If these judges stay - I'm done this year! No Idol for me next year! :)

    ReplyDelete