Saturday, April 30, 2011

Check your mailbox...

Yesterday I checked the mail and the ONLY piece of mail was a postcard size advertisement for "The Roomstore." Twice last week the only thing delivered in the mail was a the pack of grocery coupons. So three times in one week we only received one piece of mail. Here is my question  - how many other people only receive the same, one piece of mail on those days? How many postal workers are out delivering just one piece of mail to the majority of houses in their routes? I have two thoughts - first is that regular mail does not need to be delivered everyday and second - ALL of the companies that send ads and coupons should offer a way to opt out of paper mail and receive everything through email. I do not want to sound like I am "anti-postal workers" in any way. But it just does not make sense to me to pay hundreds of workers to deliver one postcard size piece of mail or just a pack of coupons.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Jonbo - now that I'm a blogger I'm starting to check out other blogs and see what's up. Have I ever told you that one of the things that I love about you is that you have an opinion, you voice it, and you're not afraid to take a stand....not only that but you are willing to TALK! But then why use words when your eyes/eyebrows can say it all??

    ReplyDelete