Saturday, April 30, 2011

Please Leave A Tip...

Last night Kristin and I took the boys out to get some dinner. We got to the restaurant - the host lead us to our table and said "Your waitress will be right with you." A few minutes later a waitress showed up and said "I am not your waitress but can I get you something to drink," so she got us our drinks (we will call this waitress W1). A few minutes later the "real" waitress showed up and took our food order.... that was the last time we saw the "real" waitress. W1 brought us our food and brought us several drink refills - our assigned waitress came and checked in once or twice.
Here is what I am thinking - shouldn't I be able to leave a tip for W1 and not our assigned waitress? Our assigned waitress did not do anything that deserves a tip while W1 did all of the work and brought us all of our food! Should people be able to specify who to give the tip to at restaurants? I think so.

No comments:

Post a Comment